09 May 2007

Feliz Cumpleanos a Lee

I made cupcakes for Lee's (ten hour long) birthday party last Friday. Lo era una celebraciĆ³n de Cuatro de Mayo, y por eso--just joking! I made Mexican chocolate cupcakes out of a mix of things, and I'll send the recipe along the next time lovely Whisk & Ladle proposes a recipe exchange. Until then, I'll say: there was orange zest, cinnamon & coffee in the cake part, and the vanilla icing was, ideally, like a Creamsicle, with orange juice & then more orange zest on top. Even though I know I'd really be a chiller person if I could, I can never restrain myself from forcing my baking on Amanda (and Josh, this time), because I think she'll be just as psyched as I am, and then I made Mark & Danielle eat them, too. I didn't say anything, because then we'd all have salmonella, but I felt like the batter tasted better than the baked result.

Before I iced them, Lee said "I love zest!" and so I took him at his word. I'm just a literal woman. Thatz's all.

No comments: